10 Stats about Email Marketing in 2012
It might not be as trendy as Pinterest or as alluring as Facebook, but the tried-and-true value of email is proven, and lasting. This communication medium isn’t going away any time soon.
If you’re using email as part of your marketing strategy, these statistics might provide some additional perspective on how to best target your prospects and customers. If you’re not using email marketing, after reading this list of unexpected email marketing stats, you might reconsider…
Notable Email Marketing Statistics
- IBM’s 2011 Email Deliverability benchmarks suggest that an average of 83% of all emails arrive in the recipient’s inbox.
- An estimated 3.146 billion email accounts existed worldwide at the end of 2011.
- According to The Radicati Group’s Email Statics Report 2012-2015, the largest group of email users (49%) are located in Asia Pacific.
- In 2011, the typical corporate email user sent and received about 105 email messages per day!
- According to Chadwick Martin Bailey, over-emailing and irrelevant content are the top reasons people unsubscribe from email mailing lists.
- 66% of people under 30 use their smartphone or cell phone to access email.
- According Nielsen, 50% of consumers trust information in the emails they sign up for.
- Checking email is the most popular activity for tablet users to engage in while watching TV.
- According to one BtoB Magazine survey, 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel in generating revenue.
- In January 2011, three of the largest Internet-based email providers, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail, together accounted for over 1 billion users.
Without a doubt, email marketing is worthwhile, but the true value of this medium lies in its integration with other marketing tools. Utilizing a marketing automation platform (like Act-On Software) allows you to make the most of your email communications with potential prospects. With Act-On you can integrate your email marketing campaigns with your CRM platform, website visitor tracking, lead scoring, list segmentation and more!
Ready to get started? Sign-up for a live marketing automation demo today!