- Create video case studies. As we said, video marketing will continue to grow, and a great way to leverage this strategy is to combine it with user-generated content by producing video case studies. Let customers share the impact that your products and services have made on their businesses.
- Piggyback on influencer campaigns. Influencer marketing is highly impactful, and when you co-create with those who use your products and services and have online clout, you can maximize results (more on influencer marketing next).
The best user-generated content will vary based on your audience and a variety of other factors, so try something new and test it. Sometimes you’ll need to iterate, but by doing so you can discover what strategies produce maximum results.
5. Influencer marketing will grow.
As marketers realize that their own staff doesn’t have enough clout with customers, they’ll seek outside help to push the needle and generate greater results. Once they harness results, marketers will discover that influencer marketing is very effective and consequently will expand their budgets.
For example, 94 percent of marketers who use this tactic say that it’s effective. Today, marketers spend about $25,000 to $50,000 per influencer marketing program. These figures are expected to double next year — and with good reason. On average, for every dollar marketers spend, they get $6.50 back. Here are a few tips for successfully creating an influencer marketing program.
- Define your target audience. First, you must decide at which buyer persona you’ll aim this marketing strategy. This will directly impact which influencers you select.
- Locate the best influencers. Who’s sharing content that your target audience is reading? What kind of following do these people have through social platforms and online? Identify the people who have the most clout with your audience.
- Watch the influencers. Once you have a list of potential influencers, watch their activity. What topics are they writing about and sharing, and what is their level of engagement with their audience?
- Engage with influencers. Take action to start building relationships with influencers. Share their content, start conversations online, and learn about their interests and goals. Find out if there is potential for a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Measure the results. As with all programs, set ROI goals and carefully track your results.
Influencer marketing is highly impactful, but it all comes down to finding the right synergy between brand and influencer. Because once you strike this balance, the potential for achieving and exceeding ROI goals is very high.
Moving into the new year
The results of content marketing are excellent, but that doesn’t mean that marketers can’t produce even more impressive results in the new year. As content formats emerge, customer demands change, and new technology arrives on scene, marketers with the greatest agility will thrive.
Yet, at the end of the day, it’s all about the customer. Reaching customers, forging relationships, and becoming a brand with authority in the market are practices that help build more authentic and meaningful relationships with your target audience, fueling growth and revenue.
What trends do you predict for the coming year? Share your thoughts and predictions below.