9 Tips for Tying Email and Facebook Together
Marketing Sherpa’s Email Summit for 2013 has come and gone, but the knowledge shared from it lingers on. From a Top Takeaways webinar (find the slides on SlideShare), here are nine useful tips about using email and Facebook together:
- Make sure they’re aligned strategically, tactically, and operationally.
- Make sure to have an email opt-in in your Facebook page.
- Increase your opt-in conversion with social sign-in.
- When you perform day-of-week and time-of-day email testing, try applying your results to when you post on Facebook.
- Conversely, look at your Facebook interaction window and try applying those to your email sending window.
- Apply your winning email subject lines to Facebook headlines, and vice versa.
- Do the same with images. Try those that have a high email click-through rate on Facebook, and use images that get higher engagement in Facebook in your email.
- Determine which of your products do well on Facebook, and give it some email emphasis.
- Mine social chatter for email topics.
Do you have a Facebook-and-email-together tip or success story to share? Let us know!