Increasing the number of relevant and authoritative websites that link to your own page is an essential search engine optimization strategy. Although this somewhat challenging methodology contains several potential pitfalls, if you heed best practices and take a thoughtful, educated approach, growing the number of germane links to your site will help take your marketing to the next level.
In a previous post, we discussed key resources to help you kick your linking performance into high gear and outlined several tips for increasing links and traffic ‒ and ultimately conversions. These are:
- #1 Asking friends, family, colleagues, and industry pals to help promote your website
- #2 Listing your site in industry directories
- #3 Pitching including a link to a website that has already talked about your brand
- #4 Gaining testimonials-with-a-link from the websites of your partners, vendors, and clients
- #5 Getting mentioned and linked in the resource listings pages of sites covering topics relevant to your brand
And now we continue with our overview of best practices for beefing up your number of solid links from key sites: