BEAVERTON, OR–(Marketwired – Mar 11, 2015) – Act-On Software, the leading provider of marketing automation for small and mid-sized businesses, today announced Act-On Anywhere™, an application that makes Act-On engagement data, assets and functionality available right from within the user’s current browsing context. Act-On Anywhere helps its users become more productive by giving them a new way to create and optimize content, use email more effectively, and access marketing engagement data to make better business decisions.
There is tremendous growth in the number and variety of standalone tools available to help businesses identify and engage with prospects and customers. A recent research study conducted by Act-On and Gleanster Research found that the use of multiple systems to accomplish daily work tasks is now a major challenge, with 83 percent of marketers citing fragmented systems as the most vexing issue they face.
“Our strategy at Act-On is to enable our customers to take full advantage of the incredible explosion of new tools and services while still getting the benefits of an integrated marketing automation platform,” said Raghu Raghavan, CEO of Act-On Software. “Act-On Anywhere does this by augmenting those technologies with marketing automation capability from right within their browser.”
The app embodies Act-On’s vision of enabling businesses to effectively engage with customers throughout the customer lifecycle, while making access easier and simpler than ever. No matter what web-based environment a user might be working in, they can click the Act-On Anywhere icon in their browser to access marketing automation features, and they can view engagement information for any person in the Act-On database.
Initially, Act-On Anywhere is available for use in the following ways:
- Content Authoring – Enable any web-based Content Management System (CMS) to embed calls-to-action in web pages and blogs using images, landing pages, and forms from the Act-On Media Library.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Access Act-On’s powerful SEO functionality right from the web browser to optimize content while creating it. Marketers can also run SEO audits on their websites after creating them.
- Social Media Publishing – Access marketing assets stored in the Act-On platform, such as links to multimedia content or landing pages, right from within your favorite social media app. Track engagement within Act-On to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- LinkedIn Prospecting – Interact effectively with prospects on LinkedIn by viewing any prior interaction they might have already had with your business. View Act-On’s engagement timeline to get the full picture.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Access detailed marketing engagement data about any company or contact easily and efficiently, while using any browser-based CRM system
- Gmail Communication – Optimize interactions on Gmail by using Act-On’s pre-built email templates within the mail app. Track email opens and clicks of any email sent.
“Act-On Anywhere improves my experience and workflow as a marketer,” said Jordan Fraczek, Marketing Manager at BrainSell Technologies. “Being able to quickly retrieve content from our Act-On Media Library within our WordPress environment helps to increase marketing productivity while making the content creation process more efficient — talk about a time saver.”
Act-On Anywhere for the Google Chrome browser is now available to Act-On customers in beta and will be generally available within 30 days from Act-On and on the Google Chrome store.
About Act-On Software
Act-On Software provides the leading sales and marketing engagement platform for the 21st century business. Simple to operate but powerful in its results, elegant in its user experience and comprehensive in its functionality, Act-On’s cloud solution powers over 3,000 companies in their engagement efforts across all stages of the customer lifecycle — attract, capture, nurture, convert, and expand. The platform’s out-of-the-box integrations with popular standalone tools are further complemented by Act-On Anywhere™, a business productivity application that extends the use of marketing automation across web-based environments. Act-On supports an open marketing ecosystem that enables businesses to take full advantage of the latest tools and services available, in the context of an integrated engagement and targeting platform. Act-On also offers a best-in-class professional services team, dedicated customer support, and the APEX ecosystem of partners to provide clients with the resources they need to achieve sales and marketing success. Headquartered in Beaverton, OR with eight additional offices across three continents, Act-On has been recognized for its superior product and rapid business growth by Deloitte, Forbes, and Inc. Magazine. For more information, visit act-on.com.
Converse with us on Twitter, circle us on Google+, and get to know our company on LinkedIn and Facebook. For marketing best practices and tips, read our Marketing Action blog. Use #ActOnSW to join the social conversation.