Outbound Marketing is thought of as the old school, Mad Men branch of brand promotion. Previously, it involved vigorously sending your message out to mass audiences, trying to get the most exposure possible. But outbound marketing has evolved. Thanks to new technologies, today we now have more options for implementing more refined outbound marketing strategies.
- can deliver relevant messaging to known personas;
- addresses the audience’s pain points and interests in a timely cadence;
- builds a relationship and keeps the brand top-of-mind in the decision-making process;
- uses behavior profiling and activity history to reach prospects on a more personal level; and
- allows the marketer to factor timing into the mix.
Key tactics used in outbound marketing include:
Trigger Emails: These go out automatically, in response to actions your prospect might take, such as downloading a white paper. They use the buyer’s own digital body language as the impetus to action.
Nurture Email Programs: This tactic helps leads learn more while keeping them engaged, with your brand at the top of their mind.
Retargeting Ads: These ads allow you achieve a higher ROI than with regular website ads because you control who sees them. Thus you can target your known prospects and known accounts.
Video Marketing: Video can make a huge impact in increasing the conversion rates of your outbound tactics because it vastly increases people’s understanding of your product or service.
Account-Based Marketing (ABM): This is similar to other types of lead generation and uses the same outbound tactics, but focuses on an account rather than individuals. It’s also highly regarded as a retention and upsell strategy.